Retirement is like tomorrowâ€™s sun â€“ it will definitely happen whether you like it or not. You will be faced with enormous expenses even when you are not working on a regular basis. There will be medical and other emergencies, which may compel you to dip into your core savings.
Keeping this in view, we draw your attention to the following:
- You need to create a corpus: this will enable you to meet routine expenses and maintain your standard of living in your post-retirement days
- You need an emergency fund: this will let you meet extra-ordinary expenses, including those that may arise from unforeseen medical crises
The big question
“How much do I need post-retirement?” There is no simple answer to this poser. At Wishlist, we help you with all of these three things:
- Plan for your retirement: define your needs and weigh your risks, particularly the ones that are likely to crop up in your golden years
- Initiate an optimum allocation programme: Start early and invest regularly. Monitor the results as closely as possible.
- Diversify your holdings and adhere to a specific asset allocation strategy. Re-balance as an when life-changing events occur.